When: Monday, October 08, 2018, 08:00am - 05:00pm
NOTE: LOCATION CHANGE
This event will now be held at the Westin Hotel located at 1000 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.
Join the Jewish Healthcare Foundation, UPMC Magee-Womens Research Institute, and the Women’s Health Activist Movement (WHAMglobal) on October 8 for a day-long Maternal Health Leaders Symposium. Leading experts and activists will identify cutting-edge research and evidence-based programs that address the causes and conditions related to maternal and infant mortality, and identify action strategies.
The symposium features expert-led, action-oriented panels that cover a variety of maternal and infant mortality and morbidity related topics, including:
- Addressing Maternal Mortality: From Research to Action
- Identifying Evidence-Based Interventions to Address Infant Mortality
- Transforming Maternity Care Through Innovative Payment Reform
- Recognizing National and Global Best Practices that Reduce Maternal and Infant Mortality
- Identifying What’s Next and Where Do We Go From Here?
- Breakout sessions will discuss workforce advocacy; delivery and practice; quality improvement; and optimizing communication, education, and media campaigns for patients.
This symposium will precede the Magee-Womens Research Institute (MWRI) Summit on October 9-10. The MWRI Summit will bring together leading researchers, health practitioners, and policy makers to review known women’s health risk factors and social determinants, and identify future interventions and research directions.
If you have any questions or would like more information on the symposium or MWRI summit, please contact Kate Dickerson, firstname.lastname@example.org
1000 Penn Ave
Contact: Kate Dickerson, Women's Health Specialist, email@example.com