WHAMglobal will empower women to lead efforts to advance healthcare systems that are transparent, respectful, accountable, and equitable. WHAMglobal will work to accomplish those goals by leveraging technology to create a vibrant activist community unbounded by geography, and by harnessing the knowledge of female, executive-level healthcare professionals who will mentor a new generation of women leaders.
Scope of These Terms
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
Policy on Using and Sharing WHAMglobal Content
Linking to Us
Content That You Submit to WHAMglobal
Advertising/Sponsorship and Solicitation Policy
Procedures for Making and Responding to Claims of Copyright Infringement
Laws That Govern This Agreement
About the Privacy Statement
No Unlawful or Prohibited Conduct
Reporting a Violation
WHAMglobal is a resource presented to provide on-demand and relevant information, learning, application, coaching and networking tools that improve healthcare systems and quality of care; advance workforce development and retention; and enhance the capacity of institutions and professionals for process improvement implementation, measurement and maintenance. The information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical or legal advice. For medical questions or issues, consumers should always consult with a health practitioner. USERS RELY ON THE INFORMATION AND RESOURCES ON WHAMglobal AT THEIR OWN RISK.
We reserve the right to review any and all content at any time prior to or after it is published by users of WHAMglobal. We do not offer you any warranty or guarantee related to WHAMglobal. We SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CORRECTNESS, TIMELINESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, MERCHANDISE OR OTHER MATERIAL PROVIDED THROUGH WHAMGlobal OR ON ANY SITES/RESOURCES LINKED FROM WHAMglobal. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN RELIANCE UPON THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN OR PROVIDED THROUGH WHAMglobal.
It is your responsibility to evaluate the information and results from tools and other content available on WHAMglobal. If you are a health care professional, you should exercise your professional judgment in evaluating any information, and we encourage you to confirm the information contained on WHAMGlobal with other sources before undertaking any treatment or action based on it. If you are a consumer, you should evaluate the information together with your physician or another qualified health care professional.
Whether the information comes from us or from a user, WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION ON WHAMglobal. REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF THE ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY REMEDY YOU OR ANYONE MAY HAVE.
You understand and agree that we cannot and do not operate, control, supply, endorse, warrant or guarantee any information, products, services or merchandise available on WHAMGlobal or through the Internet, in general, in any way. You also understand and agree that we cannot and do not warrant or guarantee that files available for downloading through the website will be free of infections or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that contains contaminating or destructive properties. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for implementing sufficient precautions, procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your own requirements for the accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to WHAMglobal for the reconstruction of any lost data. We do not assume the responsibility for the loss of any information, data, or other materials resulting from your use of WHAMglobal.
Content on WHAMglobal may include links to external websites. WHAMglobal prohibits links to websites or organizations that are commercial or product-based; pharmaceutical or medical products organizations or services; consulting services; or other types of organizations or websites, as determined in our sole discretion. Although we are selective about the organizations we link to, WE DO NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY WEBSITES THAT ARE LINKED TO WHAMglobal OR THAT YOU BROWSE AFTER FOLLOWING A LINK FROM WHAMglobal.
While we welcome your feedback on WHAMglobal, we reserve the right to make the final decisions about the content that is posted on the site and to remove such content in our unfettered discretion for any reason or no reason. If you believe that your work has been used on WHAMglobal in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact our Copyright Agent by following the procedures described below. To register other types of complaints, you can use the “Contact Us” features or any other feedback link on our site to send us comments and criticisms, but IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH OUR RESPONSE OR WITH THE CONTENTS OF WHAMglobal, YOUR ONLY REMEDY IS TO STOP USING THE WEBSITE.
We or our partners also own the names we use for our products and services on WHAMglobal, and these names are protected by trademark laws in the US and internationally. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
If your activities are noncommercial, you may make use of our trademarks by linking to us or discussing us with others, as long as you make it clear that we are the owner of the trademark. Any other uses of our trademarks require our prior written approval, unless they constitute permissible fair use under applicable law.
Without limiting the foregoing, you may not use our trademarks in any of the following ways:
- In a non-JHF/non-PRHI product or service name or publication title.
- Within or as part of your own trademarks.
- To identify non-JHF/non-PRHI products or services.
- In a manner which will likely cause confusion.In a manner that implies that JHF and/or PRHI sponsors, endorses or is otherwise connected with your activities, products, or services.
- In a manner that disparages JHF or PRHI.
Unless otherwise prohibited, you may look at WHAMGlobal content online; download individual documents; print or email pages of content; download tools to your personal or handheld computer for later reading or use; and print pages for yourself or your colleagues, provided that:
- You may not modify the content or any copyright notices or source indications.
- Because we update the content on WHAMglobal frequently and want to make sure people are using the most up-to-date information, you may NOT post the content directly into another website. However you may link to the content on WHAMglobal (see additional conditions below in Linking to Us).
- You must always credit JHF and PRHI (and any other sources specified for a specific piece of content) as the source of the material, as follows: “[Name of content item]. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: Jewish Healthcare Foundation and the Pittsburgh Regional Health Initiative; [Year].
- You may not repackage WHAMglobal content for commercial purposes or otherwise offer it for sale.
Note that some content posted on WHAMglobal originates from outside sources that have granted PRHI and JHF permission to post this content to our website only. Any further permissions for this content must be sought directly from the content owners.
You may be required to register and/or pay to access WHAMglobal. If you register or pay for an individual account, you may not share your user name or password with anyone else.
These are the basic guidelines to help this group run smoothly:
1. When you join the group, take a moment to tell us about yourself in a posting. We want to welcome you to the community.
2. Please add people to the group that you think could benefit from being part of WHAMglobal.
3. You can also find us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/WHAMglobal) or on the WHAMglobal website (https://www.whamglobal.org/). Please consider connecting in these other spaces to participate in all avenues of conversation.
4. We want you to not only jump into conversations we begin but also start your own. Let us know which news articles you're reading, thoughts on current events, creative projects, or ideas that we can all help nurture. Tell us what is on YOUR mind.
5. We embrace civil disagreement, with a strong emphasis on the word "civil." Disagreement is okay, attacks are not.
6. We reserve the right to remove any unacceptable content including postings that harass or threaten another human being, knowingly state false information, engage in copyright infringement, violate privacy, or SPAM the group by posting irrelevant content or links, especially updates or comments that are veiled advertising.
Thank you for accepting and helping enforce these community guidelines. If you have any questions or would like us to take a look at a posting, please contact any of the admins by clicking Members and then on the Admin tab to reach the moderators.
Please note: WHAMGlobal does not provide professional advice, diagnosis or treatment of any kind – medical, legal, professional or personal.
Because we update our content frequently and want to make sure people are using the most up-to-date information and recognize its source, you must not frame WHAMglobal or incorporate pieces of it into a different site or product. You are not allowed to link to WHAMGlobal if you create or post illegal, obscene, or offensive content, or if the link in any way has a negative impact on our reputation.
Unless we tell you that something will be treated confidentially, when you submit content to WHAMglobal, including but not limited to documents, web page text, tools, reports, studies, comments, ratings, and postings to discussion boards, blogs and wikis, you are giving us a royalty-free, world-wide, irrevocable, perpetual, nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display such content in any medium, form, format, or forum whether presently existing or developed later, and to sublicense such rights to others. We will consider requests to remove content that you make publicly available on WHAMglobal on an individual basis, but JHF and PRHI will make the final decision whether or not to remove such content.
For our policies regarding information you place on WHAMglobal that will be treated confidentially, please see our Privacy Statement.
You may not post any content, links or code that would be, in the sole and absolute determination of JHF and PRHI, misleading, false, defamatory, vulgar, inappropriate, or harmful. We disclaim any liability for moderating such content, but reserve the right to remove any such content at any time without your consent.
By posting any content or intellectual property to WHAMglobal, you represent and warrant that your submission or posting does not infringe the rights of the owner of such content or intellectual property or any other third party. You further represent and warrant that the owner of such content or intellectual property has expressly granted, or allowed you to grant, to JHF AND PRHI a royalty-free, world-wide, irrevocable, perpetual, nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display such content or intellectual property in any medium, form, format, or forum whether presently existing or developed later, and to sublicense such rights to others.
YOU ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED FROM UPLOADING ANY IDENTIFIABLE, PATIENT-LEVEL HEALTH INFORMATION INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INFORMATION THAT WOULD FALL UNDER THE HEALTH INFORMATION PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT OF 1996’S DEFINITION OF PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION (PHI).
Unless expressly permitted by WHAMglobal, you may not use WHAMglobal or any information, tool or service provided by WHAMglobal to solicit other users for any commercial purpose, or to advertise commercial programs, products, or services of any kind for which a fee is charged.
JHF and PRHI respect the rights of all copyright holders and will terminate the accounts of users who post materials on WHAMglobal that infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide JHF and PRHI’s Copyright Agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that you claim is infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work that you claim has been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, including your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
To contact our Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on or regarding WHAMglobal, email email@example.com or write to Pittsburgh Regional Health Initiative, 650 Smithfield Street Suite 2400 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15222.
If you believe that your user submission that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to applicable law, to post and use the content in your user submission, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to our Copyright Agent:
• Your electronic or physical signature;
• A description of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled;
• A description of where the allegedly infringing material was located on the website;
• Your address, telephone number, and email address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which WHAMglobal may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person;
• A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
• A statement by you made, under the penalty of perjury, that the above information in your counter-notice is accurate and that you have authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to applicable law to post and use the content in your user submission.
Please send such notice to our Copyright Agent at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Pittsburgh Regional Health Initiative, 650 Smithfield Street Suite 2400 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15222.
If a counter-notice is received by JHF and PRHI, JHF and PRHI may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that JHF and PRHI may restore the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the member or user, the removed content may be restored, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at the sole discretion of JHF and PRHI.
JHF and PRHI makes no representation that materials on WHAMGlobal is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access WHAMglobal from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
We pay special attention to privacy issues. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any sensitive information on WHAMglobal. JHF and PRHI may make some of your personal information publicly available, such as your name, photo, job title, organization name, city, state, and country. These uses are more fully described in our Privacy Statement. We recommend that you use caution when deciding whether to give out your own personal information, and that you never give out your address, phone number, date of birth or social security number. You may not give out information about an organization, a patient or another person if you do not have the express authority or permission to share that information publicly. Never submit content to WHAMglobal if you do not have the express authority or permission to share that information publicly.
The purpose of our Privacy Statement is to identify the information we may collect about you, describe the uses we may make of your information and the security measures we take to protect it, and discuss your options for controlling your information. Please review the Privacy Statement for WHAMglobal.
If you do not comply with these terms, as determined by JHF and PRHI in its sole and absolute discretion, we have the right to block your access, suspend or eliminate your registration, and remove any content or other information you have placed on our site. We may also take any legal action and/or report uploaded content to the appropriate authorities if, in our sole discretion, we think such recourse is appropriate. If your use of WHAMglobal is a violation of this Agreement causes harm to yourself or others, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold JHF and PRHI harmless against any liability for that harm.